Thursday, October 7, 2010

31 weeks!!!

So...as most of you know I have postponed school until next fall...just too much on my plate and i really want to focus on getting this baby closer to term before she arrives!! I have been blessed to be able to con't working, but when I am off I try to keep my activities minimal so as not to aggravate my uterus. Last week was a good week in the contraction dept...only irregular ones. However, this week has brought about a few evenings of regular contractions that hang around for 2-4 hours at a time. I am trying to take the terbutaline as prescribed when needed, but really struggle with its side effects. Thankfully, benadryl has been a good option for me too!!

I had graduated back to every 2 week visits, but after the last few evenings, I called the office and it was decided I should be seen before the weekend. Because I am working tomorrow and really didn't want to go to the hospital to be checked, I begged to see one of my doctor's partners (since he is out of the office on thursdays) and they said ok. I saw Dr. Kuhlmann again today and got 2 pieces of good news!!! 1)I am still the same dilation and effacement...no change...YAY!!! and 2)I did not gain any weight from last week. I have gained a total of 1# in the last month and total of 22# overall. This surprised me since I have eaten a LOT of brownies in the past 2 days! I should not be making goodies like that cuz I just want to eat them all.

I work the next 2 days...which makes me a little nervous, but I can do it and will just rest as much as possible when i get home. I see Dr. Kauffman again on Wednesday. Please con't to pray that she stays put until at least 36 weeks, but it would be even more amazing if she could hold off until 38 weeks before making her debut!! Still no decision on a name. Kevin tells me everyday he is thinking about it, but c'mon how hard is it to decide when you only have 2 to pick from?? Silly man!! Alright...gonna get ready for bed...all of this decreased activity is exhausting!! LOL!!

1 comment:

  1. Curious as to why you are letting Kevin pick the final name? Obviously he's okay with either so pick the one you like! Ryan didn't like Chloe's name and he still doesn't like her middle name (Noelle), but you know what? He had zero suggestions (other than Nancy or Barbara, yes he is Republican LOL) so I just gave up and chose what I wanted!

    ReplyDelete