Sunday, September 19, 2010

A scary night!! Sunshine brought better day!!

So...I think all of the activity from work and school has caught up with me...finally!! After a rather stressful and emotional day yesterday, I began having a lot of contractions. I talked to one of my friends...who happens to be my OB/Gyn's partner about what I could do. He instructed me to check into the observation unit for monitoring. I did and was having regular contractions. I did not have a urinary tract infection, but they did a test that looks for indications of preterm labor/delivery. Mine was positive, which means that I may or may not deliver in the next few weeks...hoping not!! I am still not dilated, but he felt that my cervix was starting to shorten alittle. On the good side...SHE is finally head down.

So...I got admitted for overnight observation. They decided to start steroids to help mature her lungs in case she does get impatient and come early. I go back later tonight or in the morning to get the 2nd (and last) shot of steroids. I also got a dose of antibiotics for prophylaxis against infection. After I moved to a different room, my contractions got stronger and closer together (every 3-4 min) so I got a shot of terbutaline and some IVF. I got about 4+ hours of sleep. Woke up this morning and the contractions had died down significantly....mainly just irregular. I am home now on bedrest til I see my doctor on Friday.

Bedrest is not all that its cracked up to be so feel free to text, call, or email!! If you are of the praying kind...please pray that my body will keep Little Miss where she needs to be until at least 34 weeks...although I am still hoping for 38!! She still doesn't have a name, but at least its narrowed down to 2!! LOL!! Hope you all have a good week!!

4 comments:

  1. Bed rest is NOT fun at all but definitely worth it! How far along are you? Those steroid shots hurt huh? At least you get to be at home on bed rest, the hospital is much worse! (although I had nice nurses like you to take care of me:) Praying she stays in as long as she can!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Marie~
    I am 28 weeks and 3 days!! The steroid shot wasn't as bad as I thought...not enjoyable, but not horrid!! The bad part about the hospital was the bed!! Not like home. LOL. I was comforted by my coworkers who came to visit and who took care of me!! Gearing up for my 2nd steroid shot either tonight or tomorrow. I am praying for another 6-10 weeks. Thank you for the prayers. I hope you all are doing well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hang in there, Dana! I'm thinking about you and hoping all goes well. I had to do the bed rest thing with Natalie and hated it, but it was all worth it in the end! :-)

    ~Amber

    ReplyDelete