Friday, September 10, 2010

27 weeks and counting

Yesterday marked the 27th week mark....and the third trimester!! I can't believe that I will start seeing the doctor every 2 weeks now...time is flying! Dr. Kauffman was not in so I saw Dr. Kuhlmann this time. Little Miss was moving a lot and giving the nurse a hard time trying to get her heart beat, but we finally managed to keep her on the doppler long enough to get her heart rate at 144 bpm!! I am only measuring a week ahead now...so hopefully, there will be fewer comments on the size of my belly.

With all that is going on in life right now...work, school, family, baby, etc....I have been contracting A LOT!! Luckily, when Dr. Kuhlmann checked me I was NOT dilated at all. Thanks be to God for that!! She needs to stay put til at least 36 weeks, but 38 would be even better!! :) I think she is still breech or transverse and so I talked to him about the possibility of needing a c-section. I would prefer not, but if its needed to get her here safely then so be it. I just hope that if a section is needed then both of my insurances will agree to let me deliver at Wesley so we can get a tubal ligation. NO more babies for us!! I also got to do my lovely diabetes screen yesterday. I am sure it will be fine, never had a problem with it in the the other two pregnancies.

We really need to start working on getting stuff ready for the baby. She is going to share a room with Emma for now. I keep begging Emma to clean up her room so I can clean it out and then we can put her bunk beds and the baby's bed together. That will start making it all more real. I got my much desired pregnancy pillow today. I am hoping it will give me enough support that I won't keep waking up with this gnawing and burning sensation between my shoulder blades that greets me nightly!! I will let you all know how it works out!! It also looks really cool to help provide support for those midnight breastfeeding sessions.

I can't believe we are on the downward slide. She will be here before we know it. I just wish one of the 2 names we have on the list would slap me in the face...it would be easier to decide that way. Oh well, if all else fails then I will wait til she is here and see what name she looks more like!! I hope you all have a great weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment